Monday, April 25, 2011

It's been a while since I posted here. Quick Update Follows.

I've been working on a few design related things and a bunch of other photography stuff. Let's see since last post I'll try to summarize what I've done and include examples.

Ok, so recently we changed the name of our business from Borozinski Photography to Meagan and Nate. Originally we didn't really want to use Borozinski as part of the name, but we also couldn't come up with anything better. We didn't want to be something like Flashes Photography or Ever After Images or something cheesy like that. However, we couldn't come up with anything better. We've had this name for the past few years and just recently had the thought of just using our first names as the name of the business. Especially, in the wedding industry we want to be perceived as friendly and approachable... someone that a Bride and Groom would want to spend their wedding day with and trust enough to capture the photos that they'll keep and treasure forever. So, I started working on a logo and eventually came up with this one here. We liked it enough to keep it and have since rebranded our website, bought meaganandnate.com and have done most other things involved with changing the name of business. Tedious and boring things. So here's the logo and that's project #1. The colors are showing up a little different on here.



Next, (this is not a chronological review of my projects, I'm just including them as I think of them). So, next I did my first paid commercial photography shoot for a previous client of ours. He opened up a gym in North Kansas City and wanted me to come and photograph the interior and give them some photos they could use for their website as well as some they could use for advertisments. Here's what I came up with. I also designed a new logo for them since I thought their current one could use a little help. He likes the redesign and plans to change it in the future. Here's some photos and ads from that shoot.













Hmmm, we've shot a wedding a few engagement sessions and I also designed a new website for our client's to use as their wedding website. We're working on a complete redesign of our website, to make it more of an interactive environment kind of like the +Site (what we call the site's for our couples).

So, here's a link to see a few from the wedding we shot and a link to one of our couple's +Site

And finally this morning I went and took some photos in the rain.

I was working on some various random things this morning. I didn't particularly want to go outside, but when I went downstairs to make some coffee, I suddenly had the urge to go and photograph the rain hitting the lake. So, I finished some uploads I had going on and let my coffee finish brewing. Then I poured it in a to go cup and started loading up the 4Runner.

I had a particular shot in mind, so I packed up some flashes and stands, pocket wizards, some umbrella's, and my camera.

Here's the photo I got and it's almost what I had in mind as I was heading to the lake. I setup two flashes for some cross lighting and walked into the mud to get the shot I wanted. I ended up getting soaked, but luckily the camera and all my equipment stayed nice and dry :-)







Oh and I'm still working on my continuous project called Android 365. Check out the site to see what it's all about. I did that logo as well.

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment