Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Designer of Note

Marc Newson (www.marc-newson.com)




Born October 20th, 1963 (Sydney, Australia)
Based in London
Work includes, products, furniture, aircraft, interiors, jewelry, clothing


Characteristics of design: Smooth flowing lines, transparency, translucency, and an absence of sharp edges.

What I like about his design. Clean and concise. Use of bold color and color accents in design. Also like the range of his work. Inspiring.

Known for Lockheed Lounge Chair











More Examples of Work

















1 comment:

  1. I like the clothes hanger one a lot. I don't know why, but terrible looking clothes hangers always bug me. I think it's something that also effects what I buy when I shop too. I couldn't tell you why though industrial design stuff isn't my forte.

    ReplyDelete